Thursday, May 4, 2017

Lip Gloss Fails: Sugar and Jordana

*Products Purchased By Me

Hey guys!

I am back today with a different kind of post.

Usually I don't post other things besides things having to do with nail polish, but I really wanted you guys to know about these products I recently purchased that I feel are total fails.

I recently picked up two lip glosses, and either it is my body chemistry, formula, or both, but these two get two thumbs down for me.

The first one that I found to be a complete fail for me is Jordana Sweet Cream Matte: liquid lip color. 


The color is called Sweet Marsala Wine. It is a wine red color. This line of Jordana's is all matte colors. 

The next one is from the brand Sugar, in their Kiss Me Now lip gloss collection. 


This is called Matinee. It is a mauve color. I believe all of the colors in this line are meant to be mattes cause it dries all matte and without dimension.

So, what makes these colors, and possibly each line, fails for me? Here are swatches of each:


On the left is Sugar Kiss Me Now in Matinee and right is Jordana Sweet Cream Matte in Sweet Marsala Wine.

Sweet Marsala Wine, where do I begin with this one. I would put it on, and it would never even out. When I say that, it would be patchy. It was wet going on, and dry with patches. I would have a hard time getting it to look even. You would need to be slow and precise with this one when applying it to your lips or it will look terrible. It took a while to dry on my wrist, and easily came off with alcohol.

Matinee, this one was literally one of the worst lip glosses I have ever used. I have never tried Sugar cosmetics before. I have tried Sugar shoes and liked them, so when I saw this at TJMaxx, I figured I would give it a try. This is very, very bad. When I applied it, it was fantastic. It went on wet, and stayed wet for a while. It felt really nice. When it finally dried, it was terrible. This gloss would rub off with the slightest touch of one lip to the other lip. If I closed my lips, or rubbed them together, it would flake off and leave patches. Another thing about this, is that you better apply this flawlessly. If you don't apply this flawlessly, it looks really bad and trying to fix it gets the stuff all around your lips. It did stay on quite well when I swatched it on my wrist, which doesn't make me feel good.

With me, lip glosses are wins if I can apply them without a mirror and can basically do a pretty good job. If I have to be at the mirror a while, go very slow, and expect to have to apply and remove and reapply, forget it. If I have to watch what kind of expressions I make with my lips all day, forget it. If I can't close my lips or have them wet at all, forget it. These two allow me to do none of these things.

I don't discredit Jordana as a whole, cause I love a lot of their other products and this is about the only thing of theirs that I have completely disliked. This isn't me bashing on them as a whole, just my dislike of this color/line. As far as Sugar cosmetics, this is the first from their brand I have tried. I don't know about their other products, but for this being their first product of theirs I have tried, so far, two thumbs down. 

The Jordana lip gloss was $4.99 and the Sugar cosmetics was $2.99. It isn't because I spent so little, so I get what I paid for. I buy e.l.f., Wet n Wild, NYX, New York Color, among others, and they are all winners in my book. So for me, cheap doesn't mean cheap quality. These ones just hit both marks.

Well, that's all I have for you guys for now. I will be back tomorrow with more gorgeous Leesha's Lacquers for you all. Talk to you all later, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment