Saturday, September 20, 2014

NYX Swatches and Review

*Products Swapped For or Bought By Me

Hey guys! I am back today with a great post filled with a bunch of lovely polishes, this time from the drugstore (and possibly department store) brand, NYX.

I swatched a group of five of them, all in the same color family. 

Here is a preview of what I have up to show you:


The first one that I have up to show you guys is called Surf. this is a nice, bright minty blue with a hint of shimmer. I did three coats by itself. Application was fantastic!


The next one that I have up to show you is called Turquoise Glitter, and that's exactly what it is. Turquoise glitter in a clear-ish base. This one is best over another color, but I decided to swatch it alone because, you know how I did. I did three coats by itself. Application was great. The turquoise color didn't show through with my camera, but it is there.


Next, this one is called Bejeweled. This one is a turquoise-blue duochrome. I did around three coats by itself. This is such a pretty color, but hard, at least for me, to capture on camera. Application again was great!


Fourth up, this one is called Blue Glitter. This is what the name says, blue glitter, along with some that look like holo glitter, in a super sheer blue base. This one would do good over another color. Application was great. It took a little time to dry, but that's all.


The last one that I have for you guys is so pretty, but was a huge pain. This one is called Beach Glitter. This is a turquoise and dark blue glitter packed polish. I did three coats by itself. Application was fine, but it took FOREVER to dry. I mean it. I waited half an hour, then an hour, and then an hour and a half, and nothing. Still sticky. Even with topcoat, it was sticky.


I'd recommend any of these except for Beach glitter. Maybe on coat over another color would have helped it not to stay wet for so long, but I am not sure. These polishes look great for glitter toppers and nail art and everything. I totally suggest picking some up, so long a no more are like Beach Glitter.

These retail for around $4, at all retailers that have an NYX display, such as CVS.

Well, that's all I have for you guys for now. I'll talk to you all later, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment