Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Milani Swatches and Review, with Surprise

*Products were either gifted or purchased by me

Hey guys! I am back again today with some more Milani polishes.

These are some polishes that I got from some Christmas gifts I received from some of my polish maker/blogger buddies, and a few from my sister for Christmas. I also have a nice surprise people have probably been waiting to see at the end.

These are mainly some polishes from their core line that I have to show you today.

The first one that I have up to show you is called Pool Party. This one looks different from the rest because I swatched this polish before I had a break with one of my nails and had to cut/file them down some. It is an Aqua/Turquoise polish with duochrome finish. I did three coats. I really love this color so much, and application was great. 


Next up is Cool Vibe, a color I can only think to describe as a brownish-purple but I am sure there is a better name for it. This one was quite sheer, and a bit tough to work with. Trying to do cleanup made it worse, with smearing as you can probably tell. I still like the color though, I have nothing like it in my collection. This is three coats.


Last up, I have Wild Violet. This is another duochrome-ish polish (feel free to let me know in the comments what this finish is, whenever I have polishes with this finish, I can only think to describe them as duochrome when probably they all aren't.). This is a nice medium purple. I did three coats. Application was great. It was a bit sheer, but two/three coats smoothed it all out.


You can pick up these polishes in any drugstore or superstore. And by superstore, I mean like Kmart, Walmart, Target, etc.

Oh, and for the surprise? Something I am sure at least a couple of you have been waiting to see, or thinking about buying but wanted to see how it looked before you bought, so here it is! The new Wet n Wild Wild Shine Matte topcoat. I put one coat over Milani Wild Violet. I have never tried a matte topcoat before, so I have nothing to compare it to. In terms of what I feel a matte topcoat should feel like and look like and everything, I think this is a must buy! It turned the look from glossy to, well, matte. I don't know how else to describe the look, but it looks how it should. When I touched it, it was really smooth and silky and I loved that. The way it feels is probably my favorite part. If you were thinking about picking this up, go now and do it!


It cost $1.19 at Kmart, but I believe in other stores it retails for $0.99. Either way, it is super affordable and does just what it says, so pick this up!

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed my post! I'll talk to you guys later, bye!

1 comment:

  1. To me it's more of a metallic finish. I think I have the violet. I'm looking everywhere for that topcoat. Can't find it.

    ReplyDelete