Monday, October 14, 2013

Pelirrojita Studios Swatches and Review

Hey guys, today I am back with another great review for you.

I have a group of five lovely polishes, from a new indie brand called Pelirrojita Studios. Her line of polishes, she likes to call them "The Poison'd Lacquer".

In my package with the nail polishes was a paper, explaining her brand and all of the polishes I was sent to review. This was really nice of her, so helpful and saves me a little time in having to think up how to describe polishes or what I should say about her brand, so thank you Cecy Huerta!

Let me tell you about her brand:

"Pelirrojita Studios (Sanish for "little red hair" or poetically speaking "little redheaded girl") is the brainchild of Cecy Huerta of "La Pelirrojita." A lifelong ove of all things crafty, cosmetic, and theatrical naturally led to the creation of Pelirrojita Studios, and The Poison'd Lacquer brand."

She describes the meaning behind calling her polish brand "The Poison'd Lacquer":

"As a former theatre costume designer turned fashion historian, Cecy found it impossible to resist the charms of one William Shakespeare. Armed with years of his plays and sonnets, she set out to create both dramatic and demure nail lacquers, each inspired by a phrase or character from one of the Bard's works. As an added twist, she sourced bottles with vintage designs to allow for an overall unique look."

Now, let's get to the polishes and swatches.

First up is Prospero. This polish is inspired by "The Tempest". This is a matte royal blue. This is three coats. I love the rich color.


Next up, this one is called Valentine. This is inspired by "The Two Gentlemen of Verona". it is a mix of bright pink, red, lively purple, and gold glitters. I swatched it first over Prospero, just one coat of Valentine, and then I did three coats by itself.



This next one is called Gilded Butterflies. It is inspired by "King Lear', and it is a harvest gold, very bright. This is three coats.


The fourth one I have to show you is called Love-line. This one is inspired by "All's Well That Ends Well". Cecy describes this as a delicate frosted pink. This is very light and sheer. It still showed visible nail line after three coats. It may do well over another color.






Last up to show you, this one is called Sweet Sorrow. This one was my favorite, I love a nice soft blue. This color was inspired by "Romeo and Juliet". The color is a pale shimmery pearl blue. I did three coats for this swatch.


You can purchase any of these polishes, and more, in their shop on Art Fire. Their polishes range from $5-$8 for singles.

I hope you guys enjoyed my review. I'll talk to you guys later, bye!

1 comment:

  1. I love both of the blues!!! Can you tell I'm obsessed with the color blue yet? Lol

    ReplyDelete