Saturday, August 24, 2013

Indie and Online Polish Brand Swatches and Reviews

Hey guys! Sorry I have been away for a while, I was hoping to get some nail mail and be able to do a review, but I haven't received anything yet. I thought it was too long since I made a post, so I decided to choose an array of polishes from my own collection to swatch and review myself.

Most polishes I won from Lace and Lacquers in her giveaway in March or April. I am sorry to say I haven't used any until now. The last polish that I have to show you, I picked up on Amazon myself, so that's basically the only purchased polish in the bunch. In total, I have six polishes to show you all!

Let's get to it then!

First up, I have a beauty from The Polish Bar, called Perfect Harmony. The Polish Bar describes this polish on their Etsy as "various sizes and shapes of violet holographic glitter in a mint green crelly base". This is three coats, and it went on smooth and with no problems!


Next up, is Darling Digits Wicked Attraction. Most swatches I saw of this online had this polish layered over dark blue or black, but I like to show polishes as is a lot, so I didn't layer it over anything. Darling Digits describes this as "an indigo jelly packed with purple/blue iridescent glitters, purple hexes, blue hexes, and holographic dust". I did between 3-4 coats for this. It was sheer and a little streaky at first, but evened out in the end.


Sorry for the brightness on this one, to be able to get as close to how it appeared on my nail, I had to use flash and this is how it came out.

Up next is Rainbow Honey's Ephemeral. They describe this as "lovely soft pink shimmer, with strong blue and purple hues in artificial lighting. In the sun, its micro glitters in gold, pink, and turquoise sparkle and glisten". It went on tough the first coat, but was fine at the end. I am showing two swatches of this polish, as when I tried to take a picture of it without flash, the pink color of it wasn't showing up much.

This one is without flash.
 
 

This one is with flash, and you can see the pink more.

The fourth polish I have to show you isn't indie or an online brand actually, sorry if I confused you and you thought each and every one fit those categories. This is the only one that doesn't. This is OPI Austin-tatious Turquoise. I couldn't find OPI's description of this polish, but I can tell this is a blue-green slight duochrome with a bit of light shimmer to it. It was super sheer, so I needed four coats to build up the color and opacity.


Next is a really pretty glitter from Hare Polish, called What I Wore to the Revolution. They describe this polish as "A blend of matte/satin hexes and squares in black, hot pink & hot orange. WIWTTR also features more of that sparkling silver shimmer! This is in a CLEAR base". I just used one coat, but made sure the brush got a bunch of glitter and not just a ton of clear base. I had no trouble with the glitter, I didn't have to fish at all. I think this one may be my favorite of the bunch. I also just love it because I love their adorable bunny logo.


Last up, is the online polish I talked about that I got on Amazon, Nubar's Night Sparkle. On their website, they describe this polish as "a deep blue glitter in a deep blue tinted base". The glitter is so much that it feels very grainy and almost like texture polish in a way. It was sheer and streaky in the first couple coats, but by 3 or 4 coats it evened out. I love how strong the blue is.


Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the swatches I had to show you guys today! These polishes and brands can still be bought online from many sites, such as Llarowe for Darling Diva and Hare polish, Rainbow Honey for Rainbow Honey polish, The Polish Bar's Etsy page for The Polish Bar polish, and Amazon for OPI and Nubar polish.

Talk to you guys later, hopefully with another great review! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment